Bandaru Dattatreya (born 26 February 1947) is an Indian politician from the Telangana. He was the leader of the United Andhra Pradesh unit of the Bharatiya Janta Party (BJP). He has been chosen as an individual from parliament for tenth, twelfth, thirteenth Lok Sabhas (1991-2004) from Secunderabad Lok Sabha voting demographic and was a Union Minister in Atal Bihari Vajpayee's administration. He was re-chosen to sixteenth Lok Sabha from Secunderabad Constituency. He is a BJP National Vice-President.Dattatreya has a place with a yadav Community and originates from a rich foundation.
Bandaru Dattatreya began his profession with the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS). He was a patchwork before joining the BJP.
Positions held :
- 1980 : Secretary, Bharatiya Janata Party (B.J.P.), Andhra Pradesh.
- 1981 - 1989:General-Secretary, B.J.P., Andhra Pradesh.
- 1991 : Elected to tenth Lok Sabha (Member, Public Accounts Committee and Committee on Welfare of SCs, STs and Minorities)
- 1996 - 1998:President, B.J.P., Andhra Pradesh.
- 1998 : Re-chose to twelfth Lok Sabha (second term).
- 1998 - 1999:Union Minister of State, Urban Development .
- 1999 : Re-chose to thirteenth Lok Sabha (third term) .
- 13 October 1999 - 14 June 2000:Union Minister of State, Ministry of Urban Development .
- 14 June 2000 - 30 June 2002:Union Minister of State, Ministry of Urban Development and Poverty Alleviation.
- 1 July 2002 - 2004:Union Minister of State, Ministry of Railways.
- 2014 - Elected to sixteenth Lok Sabha from Secunderabad Constituency.
- 2014 - BJP National Vice-President
- 2014 - Chairman : advisory group on OBC's welfare
- He was the Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Labor and Employment from 2014 to 1 September 2017.On 24 may 2018 his young man Died because of heart assault when he was dining with entire family.